Ticket price: 80 kn for one person, 120 kn for a couple
Pink Day is a wine event celebrating pink wines and pink sparkling wines, a whole day festival taking place in the selected museum – Mimara Museum. Association of Women on Wine / WOW for the third year in a row on the eve of International Women’s Day organized Pink Day, International Festival of rose wine. This year the festival will be held on 7. march 2015, in the beautiful area of the Mimara Museum and will bring together more than sixty of the top manufacturers of pink wines and champagnes from the Croatian and abroad. All the visitors can participate in wine and olive oil tastings, attend lectures and take part in workshops.
More on lectures & workshops: http://www.womenonwine.com.hr/pink-day/
- Popularization and promotion primarily of Croatian rosé still and sparkling wines, their producers and distributors, and popularization of Croatian extra-virgin olive oils.
- Festival dedicated exclusively to one wine color (pink) acting as a promoter of Croatia as relatively new, but relevant enogastronomic destination within the EU
- Promotion of selected foreign producers of rosé wines… (Austria, Slovenia, Hungary, Italy, France, Slovakia etc.) – international character. Ideal opportunity for the winemakers from neighboring countries to present their wines to the Croatian market
- The festival addresses both local and foreign tourists/journalists /connoisseurs, specialists and wine lovers to make them (more) familiar with Croatian and regional wines and olive oils
- A series of interesting, educational and promotional workshops: Educating the public on effect wine has on health, particularly women
- An event with the prominent humanitarian character – charity event
- An event enriching Zagreb/Croatia touristic offer – entertainment event attractive not only for local visitors, but also for foreign tourists who want to discover Croatian rosé wines and carefully selected olive oils
- Projection/emission of good, PINK energy to the whole world
Green in Pink is a festival within the Pink Day festival – boutique festival, presenting of the best Croatian extra-virgin olive oils, a novelty that was introduced in 2014 as an integral part of the festival Pink Day. Green in Pink brings the best producers from across Croatia, giving an overall insight into the domestic olive oil scene. The first edition of Green in Pink hosted the world renowned British olive oil expert Judy Ridgway, who gave a speech on the topic, and a special workshop. Green in Pink 2015, will host Laura Marinelli, famous Italian olive oil expert.
This year NEW activity: PINK WEEK! In 2015 – Pink Day extends activities to a whole week. 30 top Croatian restaurants chosen by the Pink Day team will create a special „pink menu” at affordable prices as a part of the humanitarian project with the aim of raising funds for the Association Europa Donna Hrvatska, part of the European Brest Cancer Coalition.
Participating restaurants will donate a share of the participation fee to the humanitarian Association Europa Donna Hrvatska, and their “Let’s Have Pink Life” campaign aimed at the prevention of breast cancer. The proceedings will be used for the purchase of an intraoperative radiotherapy device that dramatically reduces radiation treatment and shortens the recovery period. More information @ www.europadonna.hr.
Money will be collected in every restaurant that present piggy bank “Le Pig”, in which you can stash donations for humanitarian goal. Piggy bank “Le Pig” is ready in selected Croatian restaurants. Feed the Babe!
Let’s PINK IT!!
* All photos courtesy of WOW and Julio Frangen Photo World